As dermatologists, we have treated thousands of scars over 20 years.
What have we learned?
- The best treatments for scars are steroid injections, radio-frequency and, micro-needling!
- The stuff you buy from the pharmacy doesn’t do much for advanced scars!
- Every scar is unique, and every scar can be improved!
Keep reading below.
Scars tell a story that many of us don’t want to be told. Scars remind us of a time or event that we want to forget. Scars make us feel ugly and unattractive.
Scars represent abnormalities of collagen within the second layer of skin called the dermis.
There are many common causes of scars, including;
- bad acne, deep cuts, severe burns, catastrophic injuries, violence, accidents.
- Scars can take on different colours, sizes, and shapes.
- They can red, white, brown, or black.
- They can be flat, raised, soft, or hard.
- They can be itchy or symptomaticThey can occur on any skin surface.
Scars can be treated with a variety of therapeutic modalities, which include:
- Injectable steroid medications called Kenalog (our best treatment for keloids)
- Laser resurfacing
- Radiofrequency & Micro-needling (our best treatment and top seller for acne )
- Topical creams
The most common type of scars that dermatologists see is keloids and acne scars.
Keloid scars respond very well to a combination of injections followed by laser resurfacing or micro-needling.
Acne scars respond amazingly to radiofrequency and micro-needling treatments combined with creams.
We feel radiofrequency, and micro-needling is the new frontier and the best treatment for acne scars.
HeartLake Cosmetic Dermatology has the expertise to treat all types of scars, including acne, keloid, trauma scars, burn, and injury scars.